Terms and Conditions
1. MbM JOINERY & MAINTENANCE SERVICES, (MbM JOINERY LTD) then (‘the Company’) shall execute the works on the following terms and conditions, which are incorporated into the contract between the Company and the customer and the acceptance of the Company’s quotation will signify acceptance of these terms and conditions.
(a) “The Company” refers to MbM JOINERY & MAINTENANCE SERVICES, (MbM JOINERY LTD)
(b) “The Customer” refers to the person or organisation for whom the Company agrees to carry out works & supply materials.
4. The Company shall comply with and give all notices required by any statute, any statutory instrument, rule or order or any regulation or bye-law applicable to the works and shall pay all fees and charges in respect of the works legally recoverable from it.
5. The Company shall complete the works in accordance with this quotation with due diligence and in a good and workmanlike manner using materials and workmanship of the quality and standards therein specified.
6. The Company shall use its best endeavours to complete the works within any period of time specifically agreed in writing between the Company and the customer, but this will not form the basis of the contract and the Company shall not be liable for any delays caused by reasons beyond its reasonable control, including but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, inclement weather and delays in obtaining materials from suppliers.
7. In the event of any variation to the works by the customer, either orally or in writing, this variation will be confirmed by the Company in writing and unless the order is rescinded within seven days shall be treated as confirmed.
8. If, following works carried out by MBM JOINERY LTD, the Customer is not wholly satisfied with the works then the Customer shall give notice in writing within 6 months to the Company and shall afford MBM JOINERY LTD, and its insurers, the opportunity of both inspecting such works, and carrying out any necessary remedial works if appropriate. The customer thus accepts that failure to notify the MBM JOINERY LTD as aforesaid, then the Company shall not be liable in respect of any defects in the works carried out.
9. Wherever possible a quotation will be given for any additional works or variations to the contract, but otherwise will be charged at a fair price based on the variation.
10. The Company will not be liable to the customer for any unforeseen site conditions not apparent at time of survey and without opening up the existing structure or groundworks.
11. If on installation the building is found to have any structural defects, infestation or other serious defect the Company shall inform the customer accordingly and agree to postpone the works until the customer, at the customer’s expense, has rectified the problem.
12. In the event of any such postponement the Company shall be entitled to be paid for all materials on site.
13. All materials and equipment on site which form part of the contract works shall remain the property and be in exclusive possession of the Company until such time as the contract sum has been paid in full.
14. The company requires a 30% deposit to be paid prior to any work being carried out. Larger jobs such as Kitchen installations require a 30% deposit plus stage payments. These must be paid immediately following accepting quotation.
15. Company charges – All charges are clearly presented within our quotation. Once the quotation has been accepted the Customer has agreed to pay the total amount specified on the invoice following works. The Company does it’s best to complete the work and provide the goods and materials for the quoted amount. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, additional costs may incur above the quoted amount. In this event, The Customer will be notified immediately and shall receive an explanation regarding additional costs.
16. Where the date and / or time for works to be undertaken is agreed by the Company with the Customer, the Company is responsible to use its best endeavours to ensure that the operative shall attend on the date and at the time agreed. However, the Company accepts no liability in respect to late attendance on site or for the late delivery of materials.
17. The Company shall be entitled to payment as follows and as detailed in this quotation:
1. Deposit with order
2. Stage payments
3. Balance in full on completion of work
4. cost of material paid in full or staged, if agreed by customer or MBM JOINERY
18. Payment Terms: Receiving an invoice: payment will be issued via BACS, and is made 30days End Of Month, from the last working Day of each Month END.
19. Payment Terms: Submitting an invoice: payment will be issued via BACS, and is to be made, No Later Than 14days of the invoice Date
** Domestic works are allocated a maximum of 14 working days for payment to me made directly to the Company, business’s are allowed a maximum 30 days by law.
20. The Company Shall Offer a 2% Discount for all invoices Paid within 7days of the invoice Date..
21. The Company shall be entitled to charge interest on all outstanding monies at the rate of 5% over Bank of England Base rate prevailing at the time the monies are due.
22. we stipulate if the final invoice is not paid within 21days, a 5% 'delayed payment' fee is charged. this initial payments the added upon each recurring 21day period until the full amount is received
23. In the event of any dispute arising during the course of or subsequent to completion of the contract the customer will not be entitled to withhold payment in excess of an amount representing a reasonable valuation of the work required to rectify or replace any allegedly defective works which are the subject of the dispute.
24. The quotation includes for essential making good after fitting/installation but does not include for redecoration and ancillary works such as refitting curtain rails, alarms, telephone points etc.
25. If the customer fails to cancel less than 78 hours prior to any work being carried out or materials supplied then the Customer shall be liable to pay 25% of original invoice total.
26. In addition to its statutory obligations the Company guarantees the works against faulty materials and workmanship after installation as follows:
1. Any Hardwood and uPVC extrusions and vacuum formed panels (under normal manufacture guarantee) not to discolour or degenerate structurally for a period of five years
2. Sealed double glazed units are guaranteed not to form condensation within the cavity for a period of five years
3. All mechanical parts such as locks, hinges, handles etc that are subject to wear and tear are guaranteed against malfunction under normal use for a period of one year
4. Installation of kitchens ie units, worktops etc are at the manufacture guarantee. The workmanship carried out for installations of kitchen are guaranteed for 6 months.
5. Installation of all joinery work ie doors, frames, etc are at manufacture 1 year guarantee.
6. All workmanship carried out is guaranteed for 6 months.
27. This guarantee is Insurance Backed by Public Liability Insurance, This guarantee is conditional on the works being adequately and properly maintained and does not cover any physical damage caused by misuse, impact, abrasion, or cleaning with a non-proprietary chemical.
28. Notice of any claim under this guarantee must be made in writing to the Company within fourteen days of the alleged defect becoming apparent.
29. This guarantee is not transferable unless requested in writing and agreed to by the Company, and is subject to an administration fee, which will be advised by the Company at the time of the request.
30. Re-Visit Charge: This is applied, when fitting/Completion of works, and there is damaged or missing components, which may cause holding back of completion.
31. If works cannot be completed, Due to missing items / components, not down to MbM JOINERY & MAINTENANCE SERVICES, (MbM JOINERY LTD) then, Fault, then an agreed percentage of works completed must be paid, with the remainder paid after a re-visit charge is applied
32. Obstructed Visit – show up on scheduled date/s that may be issued by the contractor, and work cannot be started due to obstacles / material or even work not ready, not down to MbM JOINERY & MAINTENANCE SERVICES, (MbM JOINERY LTD) then a day rate will be charged, and a re-visit charge may also be applied.
33. The company will take care when supplying the Goods or Services to minimise any disturbance or damage to surrounding areas. However, any repair or restoration required after the supply of the Goods or Services is not included in the Company’s quotation, unless otherwise stated and must be carried out at the Customer's cost.
PAYE REF: 120/MB59815 ACCOUNTS OFFICE REF: 120PL01416320 MbMUTR:5445829018
PLEASE KEEP THIS DOCUMENT SAFE
Company Registration Number: 10622811